Can Making Industry Raw-material: Tinplate
Tinplate is a thin steel sheet coated by tin. It has an extremely beautiful metallic luster as well as excellent properties in corrosion resistance, solderability, and weldability. Tinplate is used for making all types of containers such as food cans, beverage cans, 18-liter cans, and artistic cans. etc.
What are the properties of Tinplate and Tin Free Steel?
1. Recyclable: The metal residues resulting from manufacturing and using tinplate and tin free steel are recovered and transformed into raw material to create new products such as structural steel bars, concrete-made structures, car parts and agricultural machinery parts, among others.
2. Degradable: Steel degrades with corrosion (chemical reaction) and oxidizes in the presence of water and oxygen, returning to the soil as iron ore.
3. Magnetic Feature: Its magnetic feature allows separating it easily from other waste to be recycled or reused since its main component is iron.
4. Reusable: Cans of dry food are reused at home without having to be excessively cleaned, to be used for other applications.
5. Tin, Main Component: Tin is the most important element of tinplate and responsible of the conservation of food and the can’s lasting period, protecting the iron from corrosion due to the action of the products contained therein. Once the can is disposed of, the tin deteriorates with the action of external agents, accelerating the iron’s oxidation process and returning to the soil in its natural state.
6. Food Products and Beverages: Beer, soft drinks and nectars caps (known as Crown or Corona Caps) Glass jars caps (desserts, jams, sauces, etc.) Fruits, vegetables, meat, fish and prepared meals cans Dairy products cans (powder milk, condensed milk cream, vitamin enriched food) Dehydrated and dry foods cans (peanuts, raisins, cookies, oats, etc.)
7. Edible oil cans Industrial: Paints and aerosol cans Motor oil cans Shoe polish and wax cans Make- up and pharmaceutical products cans Batteries, Toys Kitchenware: Trays, mill hoppers, graters and oil burners Decoration Cans And a wide range of industrial use items